Wildmind’s mission is to benefit the world by promoting mindfulness and compassion through the practice of Buddhist meditation.
Wildmind is run by Bodhipaksa, a Buddhist teacher and author who has been practicing within the Triratna Buddhist Community since 1982 and has been a member of the Triratna Buddhist Order since 1993. Bodhipaksa previously taught meditation in the Religious Studies department at the University of Montana.
Wildmind’s activities include:
- Providing free meditation instruction on the internet in a variety of languages
- Publishing news stories, articles on meditation, and reviews in our blog
- Responding to questions about meditation through the comments on our articles
- Publishing guided meditation CDs and MP3s
- Conducting online classes in meditation and other forms of Buddhist practice
- Building a spiritual community in Wildmind’s Google+ Community
Wildmind began life in 2000 as a project that Bodhipaksa undertook while studying for a Masters’ degree at the University of Montana, having realized that at that time there was a dearth of reliable information about meditation on the web.
The website was launched on 11 November, 2000, and in the spring of the following year Bodhipaksa began offering his first online meditation course. Since then Wildmind has continued to expand, and now offers a number of online courses and free instruction in a variety of languages.
There are various ways to keep up with our activities:
- You can have our posts delivered to your email in-box once a day by subscribing through Feedblitz.
- You can follow us on Google+.
- You can follow us on Facebook, although Facebook will probably hide most of our posts from you.
- All our posts are published on Twitter.
- You can subscribe to our email newsletter, which goes out twice a month, and which contains links to the most significant articles of the previous two weeks or so.
- We’re on Pinterest as well, although not all our articles get published there.
- You can follow our RSS feed if you use a feed reader.
- You can even subscribe to our blog on your Kindle.
Wildmind is ad-free, and support, in the form of one-time donations or (even better) recurring contributions is vital to our success, and helps us to bring the benefits of meditation to more people. Please feel free to contribute to our work.