Feb 21, 2013
Wildmind in Zite’s Top Articles of 2012
Zite is an app that presents you with an ever-changing personalized magazine on your iDevice, Android, or Windows mobile device. Zite is, as they say, “all your interests in one place.” (“Zite” is a play on “zeitgeist” — the spirit of the times.)
I’m a Zite user, and I have to say I’m very impressed with some of the gems that it finds for me — truly fascinating articles about science, culture, and philosophy for the most part (although if you’re into sports, or television, or celebrities, your own version of Zite would include those). Bob Tedeschi of the New York Times said, “This app is the closest thing to the perfect magazine.” I have to agree.
Now, Zites users can give articles a simple thumbs-up or thumbs down. And because there are so many stories on Zite, from so many sources, it was a really surprise and honor to learn that one of Wildmind’s articles was among Zite’s five most liked articles in 2012.
Here’s what they had to say (I’ll give you the whole top five, which includes their comments):
1. 40+ Super Secret OS X Lion Features and Shortcuts, AppStorm
- Who wouldn’t love a good cheat sheet for your favorite features and shortcuts?!
2. New Apps for 2012, MacStories
- Just like Zite, these apps are all about making life easier. Shout out to Federico @Vittici for thinking of us as he put this list together.
3. And Here’s The Secret Reason Apple Is Crushing Google…, Business Insider
- This is a testament to our Apple and iOS fans, given our roots as an iPad application.
- As the title suggests, there are some awesome quick tips and shortcuts in this article.
- As techies, we weren’t surprised that Zite users would show their love to Apple stories, but we did find it interesting that the intersection of science and religion, namely Buddhism, made the top five.
Incidentally, the attention that our article on science, Buddhism, and happiness received, from multiple sources, has resulted in it being read by almost a quarter of a million people.