Dec 05, 2013
A life-changing encounter
If you’d like to support our efforts to promote the practice of meditation, please contribute to the Free Bodhi project on Indiegogo.
Brendan, who lives in a small town in Sardinia, far from the nearest meditation center, talks about the benefits he’s experienced because of Bodhipaksa’s work here on the Wildmind web site, where we offer thousands of pages of meditation instruction as well as many guided meditation videos and audio recordings, and on Wildmind’s Google+ Community.
We already do a lot. For example:
- More than 1.5 million people visit our site each year.
- Our most popular web page (not counting the home page) has been read by half a million people.
- Our most popular blog post has been read more than a quarter of a million times.
- Hundreds of thousands of people have learned to meditate here — for free.
- We also publish guided meditation CDs, which help fund our activities, and those have reached hundreds of thousands of people as well.
We’d like to do more, but we need more staff, and we urgently need to free Bodhi (Bodhipaksa) up from administrative responsibilities so that he can concentrate on teaching. Our most ambitious plan so far is our Year of Going Deeper, which offers eight free meditation events that cover the whole of 2014. We simply can’t do this project without support from people like you — people who use and love Wildmind’s site. So please make a contribution and help Free Bodhi.