May 20, 2007
Six tips for mindful parenting
1. Balance love and limits. Be equally comfortable with loving / nurturing and setting boundaries / limits with your child.
2. Give lots of “undivided” listening attention to your child.
3. Follow your child’s “lead” (vs. directing your child).
4. Get on the same page as your spouse / companion. Kids learn very young to play one parent against the other.
5. Nurture yourself (so that you’re fortified to give to your child).
6. Examine your own behavior as closely and honestly as you do your child’s.
(Dr. Fran Walfish, Early Childhood Parenting Center)
What would be your top suggestion for mindful parenting? Why not leave a comment below?