Online meditation resources
Welcome to our page of meditation links. If there is a site that you particularly think should be on our website (or if you think we shouldn’t link to one of the sites listed), then please send an e-mail to our Webmaster.
Although we think these sites have something to offer the fact that we link to a site doesn’t necessarily mean that we endorse all its content.
- ABC-of-Meditation is a meditation information and news portal with articles on meditation basics, background, postures and techniques.
- Buddhanet contains a lot of excellent information on Theravadin practice.
- Breathworks Meditation and pain management
- Caring Awareness has Buddhist meditations to help release and reduce stress as well as a community section with over 150 free Dharma talks and meditations.
- Clear Vision: online resources for meditation (and Buddhism) for young people and schools.
- How to meditate has instructions in mantra meditation.
- Hither and Yon Tibetan Crafts
- Meditation eBook by David Smith (PDF, 948kb)
- The KindSeat is an innovative meditation bench that’s adjustable in height, and that can easily be adjusted to suit your body shape and size.
- Meditation is easy is an Indian website with some very useful tips on meditation.
- Meditation Station an excellent site teaching many meditation techniques.
- The Metta Foundation "It is the mission of the Metta Foundation to foster the convergence of wisdom born of traditional meditative stillness and compassion born of human encounter."
- Mindfulness in Action offers Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction workshops, as well as mindfulness training and workshops for individuals and organizations.
- Mindful Workshops, run by Buddhist teacher Saddhamala (Nancy Nicolazzo), offers personal and corporate coaching.
- Mindfulness.org.au A site is designed to assist people who are interested in the integration of psychotherapy and medical therapies, for their own well being , for the purpose of enhancing the therapeutic relationship or to improve the quality of clinical interventions.
- Relaxation reviews is an independent guide to relaxation tapes, CDs, MP3s & online relaxation audio.
- Terminal Thoughts Pieces written by Jos Kingston, a former Wildmind student who wrote about living with a terminal illness before passing away in February 2007. Check out her article on "Enjoyment of breathing, handling pain, and pragmatic meditation."
- Vipassana Dhura Meditation Society making the teachings of insight meditation available to anyone who seeks a way out of suffering
- Vipassana meditation website one of the most widespread forms of meditation practice
- World Wide Online Meditation Center A user-friendly site, created to provide clear, straight-forward meditation instruction to people anywhere on the planet.
- Zafu! Zafu! is an online Canadian retailer selling their own handmade meditation cushions, benches and mats, as well as yoga supplies. They ship from coast to coast across Canada.
- Zen Stitchery offers traditional and western-style meditation clothing, monks bags and meditation cushions. These are authentically sewn according to traditional Japanese sewing methods.
- Ziji Meditation Supplies offers a wide selection of meditation supplies – cushions, altars, incense, and more.