Sep 09, 2011
Bringing mindfulness to work allows us to:
- be more focused
- feel less stressed
- communicate more effectively
- bring compassion to the workplace and
- feel confident at work.
When considering how we approach work, we can ask ourselves:
- How do I relate to myself?
- Am I aware of my thoughts, feelings and actions or do I run on automatic pilot?
- How do I relate to my colleagues, coworkers and boss?
- Am I kind, friendly and compassionate or do I need to have my own way?
- How do I relate to my work? Do I bring curiosity and creativity to my work or is it just a means to a paycheck?
Here are twenty ways to bring mindfulness with you to work:
1. Set an …
May 03, 2011
Have you ever noticed that when you are with some people you feel energized and when you are with other people your energy is drained?
Do you have a difficult time saying “no” when someone requests something from you, and then find yourself feeling exhausted and resentful?
Do you put your own responsibilities on hold in order to do things for other people?
Have you been, or are you now, feeling like there are not enough hours in the day to do all that you need to do? Are you feeling overwhelmed and exhausted?
If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions, mindfulness can help you to be aware of how, …