Apr 09, 2015
In this 28 day event we’ll be exploring the quality of mudita, or joyful appreciation.
Mudita recognizes and appreciates the positive qualities and actions that bring happiness to beings (ourselves included).
It begins with a desire that beings be happy, but recognizes that happiness arises from a life well-lived, rather than randomly.
During this event you’ll learn how to:
- Develop peace through an appreciation of impermanence
- Overcome a tendency to blame yourself or others
- See all beings as potentially awakened
- Abandon indifference and cruelty in favor of genuine loving wisdom
- Encourage the arising of insight in others
Signing up for this event gives you access to:
- 28 daily emails with
Jun 26, 2013
I learned meditation from many people, the first of whom was a man called Susiddhi, another Scot, who was teaching at the Glasgow Buddhist Centre in Scotland. And now that I think about it, I am very grateful for what he taught me, and I’m grateful to the many other teachers I learned from, who often taught each other. This process of teachings being passed on isn’t a linear process of teacher to student. Teachers are also students of each other. Often … Read more »