Rick Hanson PhD
Nov 05, 2012
For Sounds True, I’m hosting a free Seven-part video series with extraordinary guests – The Compassionate Brain – that will give you effective ways to change your brain and heart and life. So far over 25,000 people have signed up for this free series, and I hope you will join us – and help spread the word to others.
The series began October 8, 2012, and runs on seven consecutive Monday nights, 8-9 pm Eastern time, through November 19. You can go back and watch the archived videos from previous interviews.
Each week, I’m interviewing a world-class scholar/teacher (in order): Richie Davidson, Dan Siegel, Tara Brach, Dachar …
Oct 29, 2012
Mindfulness is an incredibly powerful practice that has been shown to have many physical and psychological benefits. How powerful is it?
Amongst many other things mindfulness:
- Reduces feelings of isolation in older adults
- Rewires the brain, leading to better concentration and more objective self-evaluations
- Reduces the severity and duration of acute respiratory infections
- Reduces stress during multitasking
- Boosts creative thinking
- Helps with weight-loss (even if you’re not dieting
- Produces a greater reduction in pain than even morphine or other pain-relieving drugs
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps lower blood sugar
- Boosts the immune system
- Shifts activity in the brain from regions associated with stress to those
Oct 30, 2009
Sep 30, 2009
May 26, 2009
Nov 30, 2008
Wildmind offers four online courses on meditation.
Starting December 1, 2008:
- The Path of Mindfulness and Love (4 weeks)
- Change Your Mind (4 weeks)
- Awakening the Heart (4 weeks)
- Entering the Path of Insight (4 weeks)
December registrations are accepted through December 4. More information about all of our courses is available on Wildmind.