We detest spam. Like most people we get unwanted commercial email and find it highly annoying. We think the full weight of the law should be thrown at those who send unwanted, intrusive, emails of that nature. We never spam.
Subscriptions to our newsletter are “double opt-in,” which means that when an email address is submitted to our list, a verification email is sent to that address. Unless the recipient clicks on a link in that email the subscription is not activated. This means that no one else can add you to our list without your permission (unless they also have access to your email account, in which case you have big problems).
THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Wildmind LLC operates the website www.wildmind.org. As part of our operations we may gather different types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information. You may provide us with information when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include our online store, our email newsletter, or surveys. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data. We track traffic through our sites, such as how many people view a particular page. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
WHO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties except for the following:
- Subscription information for our newsletter is hosted by CoolerEmail.com. CoolerEmail has a very strict anti-spam policy, which is why we use their services. They merely host our mailing list and will not use your details in any way.
- Statistics on the use of our site (not personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers. This information is stored both by our webhost and by Google.
WHAT ELSE WE DO WITH THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
With your permission we collect personally identifiable information so that, for example, you can receive our newsletter or make purchases from our site. We may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To process any purchases that you might make on our site.
- To allow you to participate in our online courses.
- To undertake periodic surveys to enable us to improve our services to you.
- For any other purposes for which you have explicitly given permission.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognized by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information such as your name or email address. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Firefox) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can track traffic patterns to our site, which helps us to make the site more user-friendly.
WHAT ABOUT OUR ADVERTISERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS?
OPTING IN AND OPTING OUT
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.