Mindfulness is a simple yet profound practice that changes lives. If you’re committed to mindful living, or just want to learn more about the transformative power of mindfulness, join Jon Kabat-Zinn, Richard J. Davidson, and U.S. Congressman Tim Ryan for this landmark gathering of the mindfulness community, September 30–October 1, 2011.
With a rich program of dialogue, practice, and breakout sessions, participants will explore all the proven, practical ways that mindfulness can benefit our lives and transform our society, from health, work, and family to education, leadership, and policy. This groundbreaking conference will feature keynote presentations by outstanding leaders in the mindfulness field.
Whether your interest is applying mindfulness at home, in your work, for better health, or simply to make your life more joyful and awake, you will benefit from this groundbreaking conference on changing lives and creating a mindful society.
From the opening keynote talk by mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) founder Jon Kabat-Zinn to the closing Mindfulness Town Hall, you will practice, experience, and learn about the transformative power of mindfulness and the emerging mindfulness community, all in a warm, contemplative atmosphere.
In this lively program of talks, dialogue, practice, and breakout sessions, you will:
- Learn from leading experts in the mindfulness field, featuring keynote presentations by MBSR founder Jon Kabat-Zinn, mindful leadership expert Janice Marturano, U.S. Congressman Tim Ryan, and renowned neuroscientist Richard J. Davidson
- Discover the benefits of mindfulness for your own life—and the science that proves how it works
- Go deeper into your area of interest at a breakout session of your choice
- Share your experience and insight with fellow practitioners across many fields, and benefit from theirs
- Learn about the exciting work now happening to change lives and create a mindful society
- Explore the future of the emerging mindfulness movement at the Mindfulness Town Hall
- Connect and network with others in the mindfulness community in a relaxed, contemplative atmosphere
Creating a Mindful Society will be held at the New York Society for Ethical Culture, on beautiful Central Park West in New York City.
This landmark gathering of the mindfulness community is a partnership of the Center for Mindfulness, the Omega Institute, and Mindful: Living with Awareness and Compassion.
TRUE religion is extremely practical; it is, indeed, based entirely upon practice, and not upon theory or speculation of any kind, for religion begins only where theory ends. Its object is to mould the character, unfold the divine nature of the soul, and make it possible to live on the spiritual plane, its ideal being the realization of Absolute Truth and the manifestation of Divinity in the actions of the daily life. Buddhism is a concrete example of that way of life.