Sitting With Bodhi is a unique form of meditation course where you have the opportunity to receive guidance from Bodhipaksa—daily, if you want.
Often change and impermanence are things we think we should reflect on. But Bodhipaksa has recorded 28 meditation sessions that will point you toward a specific aspect of change that you can observe in your direct experience. This helps to liberate us from that all-too-common sense we can have that there is something “fixed” or even “stuck” about us. It also helps us to notice the richness and fascination of ordinary experiences.
The emails begin to go out on July 15. You can enroll anytime between now and August 11. How long the course takes is up to you, since you control the pace of the emails.
How Sitting With Bodhi Works
You’ll be sent 28 emails, each of which contains a link to a new guided meditation, especially recorded for this event.
Each meditation provides a 10-minute lead-in to a particular way of approaching our experience. This series will focus on meditations that allow us to develop radical calmness, peace, and tranquillity.
- Set a timer and for as long as you want to sit — for example 15, 20, or 30 minutes (12 minutes minimum is recommended).
- Start playing the meditation on your computer or mobile device.
- At the end of the recording you are invited to continue with the practice until the end of your chosen time period.
- The next email won’t be sent out to you until you’ve clicked a special link in the current one. So if you have a busy day and aren’t able to listen to the guided meditation, or if you want to stick with one meditation for a while, there’s no pressure! The next email will only arrive when you are ready for it!
Questions I’ve Been Asked
Q. Am I able to return and revisit a meditation after I complete it?
A. Yes. You can download the meditations and listen to them as often as you want. The Youtube versions will probably be left up forever as well.
Q. Do the meditations have to be completed within the course dates?
A. No. It doesn’t matter how long you take to complete the series. You really can go at your own pace.
Q. Do I have to do previous series of Sitting With Bodhi before I do later ones?
A. No. Like the previous series of Sitting with Bodhi, this is a stand-alone series and there are no prerequisites.
How to Enroll
To enroll in this course, you have to be a sponsor of our community-based meditation initiative. This means sponsoring at least one Community Share. Each community share costs only $6 a month, and membership of the community offers many benefits. We’re sure that you’ll want to keep sponsoring Community Shares long beyond the end of this course.
Membership of the community gives you:
- Access to all Bodhipaksa’s meditation courses (at no extra charge!)
- Membership of an online community
- A special newsletter with monthly meditation downloads (again, no extra charge)
- Exclusive articles that are only for sponsors.
- None of these promotional emails!
With almost 500 sponsors so far, we’re making fantastic progress toward turning Wildmind into a Community-Supported Meditation Initiative.
If you’d prefer not to use PayPal, you can download a credit card billing authorization form. You can complete this on-screen, then print, sign, and return it to us by mail or email.