Five mindful parenting tips from Dr. Fran Walfish, the Early Childhood Parenting Center.
1. Balance love and limits. Be equally comfortable with loving / nurturing and setting boundaries / limits with your child.
2. Give lots of “undivided” listening attention to your child.
3. Follow your child’s lead (vs. directing your child).
4. Get on the same page as your spouse / companion. Kids learn very young to play one parent against the other.
5. Nurture yourself (so that you’re fortified to give to your child).
6. Examine your own behavior as closely and honestly as you do your child’s.
What would be your top suggestion for mindful parenting? Why not leave a comment below?